Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Think of a headline, a 56 pt bold headline

I will admit that headline writing is a special gift that someone have, and sadly, I am not one of them.

When I saw the headline "Think of a headline, a 56 pt bold headline," I honestly thought this something I could easily do. Throughout my education career, I would spent countless hours working on a paper or with little to no thought about the title or headline. Sometimes they came easily:
The poisoned bread: the effects on food poisioning on the bubonic plague OR
Medical mummification: From the theatre to the trash can

But honestly, more often than not, my titles were the basic topics either assignment to me:
The economic uses of rye, Secale cereale OR
The medicinal uses of ergot, Claviceps purpurea

The Canadian Press Stylebook will probably become my most useful tool for writing headlines and titles in my future work, but I will still have have to live with the shame of having some very poor titles in my past work.

No comments:

Post a Comment