Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Editing in real life

Every week, I struggle to come up with an idea about what to write about it my blog, and this week my inspiration actually came from a lady who I helped in the store where I work.

Imagine your a former English teacher, and you see signs at restaurants or at stores that have spelling and grammar mistakes. What do you do?

Well, this woman has actually gone into those restaurants and stores to talk to management to get them corrected.

The example she gave was going to a bulk food store and seeing a couple of signs with the work "kernal." On one sign she saw that an attempt was made to correct it, with the "a" scratched out and replaced with an "e," while on another it was left incorrect. She had a conversation with the management about the error to try to get it corrected.

Would you have the courage to do the same thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment