Monday, September 13, 2010

The continuity error

Most movie buffs I know take pleasure in watching for any continuity error in the film. Often they are subtle errors that are picked up the more you watch a film. However, when they are in novels, the average person may not notice them.

The other night, I was reading The Gunslinger by Stephen King and came across one that caught me by surprise.

On the brief description of the book, a character is called “Alice,” and again on page 197, she is called “Alice;” however, in the rest of the book she is “Allie.”

For most people, it may not seem like much, but when there is almost weekly discussion on who is Ali or Allie in a group of friends with two Allisons (one Allison and the other is Alison). It kind of takes you by surprise.

1 comment:

  1. I completely lose focus on a movie that has a continuity error. I feel the need to announce my finding to everyone in the room and step back a few scenes to re-watch it and point it out.. again.. and again LOL

    ReplyDelete